This is Lundgren Machinery
AB Lundgrens Mekaniska Verkstad was founded in 1912 in Malmö, Sweden. Manufacturing then consisted of components and machines, e.g. we made Malmö’s first road sweeper. In 1982 we moved to Hjärup, where we have remained to this day. IBS was acquired in 1998. Today, Lundgren Machinery manufactures packaging machines and other appliances, mainly for the food and pharmaceuticals sector.
Lundgren Machinery AB manufactures packaging machines and other appliances mainly for the food and pharmaceutical sector. We are driven by innovation and build our solutions on extensive experience. Our high technology machines are based on our expertise within mechanics, pneumatics, automation and electronics. Therefore, they are also very user-friendly, ergonomically correct, have a long life and a high level of reliability.
history in short terms:
- AB Lundgrens Mekaniska Verkstad was established in 1912 in the center of Malmoe city.
- Manufacturer of components, machinery, (e.g. torpedo tubes to the Swedish Navy)
- Relocated to the village Hjärup in 1982
- 1985 partnership with Gunnebo
- Commenced cooperation with Tetra Pak in 1985
- Incorporated in Midway Holding Group in 1997
- Incorporates ”Ingenjörs Byrån Schneider” (IBS) in 1998, manufacturer of packaging machines
- 2001 ISO 9001 and 14001 certified
- 2003 Introduction of World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- 2003 Preferred Supplier to Tetra Pak
- 2005 Commenced cooperation with Graniten Engineering
- 2008 Commenced cooperation with Kelva Web Cleaning Technology in Lund
- 2008 Development partner with Gunnebo Group in France
- 2009 Commenced cooperation with Välinge Innovation
- 2010 Joined facilities with FAS Converting Machinery (our sister company)
- 2011 Changed name to Lundgren Machinery AB
- 2013 Developed a new machine to the IBS brand, cap closing machine which is unique on the market
- 2014 Commenced cooperation Primozone Production AB
- 2014 Commenced cooperation with Ecolean AB
- 2015 Developed a new machine to the IBS brand, top closing machine a modular system to meet the new packaging standards
- 2016 Incorporated in TOMB Packaging AB
TOMB Packaging AB, Thomas, Ola, Magnus and Benny 4 technology interested partners with different focus and background.
Thomas Månsson emploee since 1994 started as a fitter and was the one who took care of the assembling of IBS machines when Lundgren acquired Ingenjörs Byrån Scheider 1998. Today Thomas is responsable for our Production and After sales.
Ola Örnhed started his career 2003 in Lundgren with his master thesis and since then have worked in many different positions. Construction, development and supply chain. Ola manages the Supply Chain and construction of our machines and solutions.
Magnus Broberg a machine engineer in bottom who who saddled around to sales when he started at Lundgren 2013. Today Magnus is responsable for Sales and Product Manager for IBS.
Benny Backheim sales all the way since school. Together with Magnus we runned a company for packaging machines where I was responsable for the market and sales in North of Europe. Started at Lundgren 2011 as KAM and today Marketing and sales especially for contract clients.
As a supplier of production machines we have the sector’s most satisfied customers. With healthy business relation which we develop together we provide long-term, safe and profitable relationships. Wes hall be a safe, stabile and stimulating employer. In the segment of our sector we shall have the best case erectors.
Our business concept:
Lundgren Machinery business areas is IBS packaging machines and contract manufacturing of other complete machines/modules. Manufacturing in small to medium series, offering functional and quality care for the end product. Our strong technical expertise, short lead times, high quality and delivery performance make us a reliable supplier, creating competitiveness and value for our customers.